Destiny 2 is going offline for an update today and players can expect server downtime. MeinMMO informs you about the times of the maintenance and tells you what changes you can expect afterwards.
What you need to know today: Even if Tuesday has not yet been canceled as the current “Maintenance Day” in Destiny 2, today’s maintenance is again on a Thursday. The reason is a shift that Bungie announced to players on September 17th on Twitter.
So the servers are going offline today so that Bungie can bring update 188.8.131.52, which was already prepared in the background maintenance, online. We’ll walk you through the hotfix and update this article with fresh information. So stay tuned for regular updates.
Maintenance on 09/22 – All times and server down
As always, Bungie has released a detailed schedule for players to be prepared and know when not to gamble.
These times are important today:
- At 5:00 p.m. German time, maintenance work will start in the background on all platforms.
- From 6:15 p.m. the servers will go offline and you will be automatically kicked out of all activities.
- The servers are scheduled to come back online around 7:00 p.m. and update 184.108.40.206 will be rolled out for all platforms. You can then log back in to play.
- Even if the servers are back online, the maintenance officially runs until 8:00 p.m.
Important is: Even if you have downloaded the update and are back in the game, you may experience connection issues until the end of maintenance. You may also have to expect queues when logging in. Also, keep in mind that third-party applications and the official companion app may not be accessible correctly.
This changes with Update 220.127.116.11 in Season 18
That brings the update today: Bungie has not yet released any information about the latest bug fixes. A few things are still open, which may be fixed in the new update.
- Loading times on the tower are still slow. Players will therefore still need to resort to the HELM to bypass this bug.
- Bungie is investigating reports of players not being able to access Destiny 2 on PS4.
- There is a missing 120Hz refresh rate option on the PS5 and Xbox Series X.
- The Rift Lost Sector is missing triumphs and shields are not displaying correctly.
- The hotkey for a charged melee attack does not work correctly with the titan melee attack “Thunder Clap” when in close proximity to enemies.
- Exotic Sparrow Hyperborean Wing cannot be selected in Collection.
- The Twilight Concert Exotic Helm does not appear in the collection.
- The expedition activity does not show any stats in the activity overview.
- The Xenology exotic quest does not count progress in playlist activities.
- Repeatable Star Chart bounties can still be purchased even though players have a full quest inventory.
- Player name changes are still not customizable through bungie.net. Players are still waiting for the option to change their player name multiple times instead of just once.
If you find problems in the game yourself, then the recommendation is to go directly to the official Bungie Help forum to report it to the developers as well.
Patch Notes for Hotfix 18.104.22.168 in Destiny 2
What’s in the patch notes? Bungie publishes the comprehensive list of all changes to Hotfix 22.214.171.124 in the form of patch notes.
- As soon as Bungie makes these available, you will find the link to the full patch list here.
What do you think of the new “Maintenance Day” on Thursday? Does that suit you or did you find Tuesday better? Then leave a comment here.
At the moment, Destiny 2 is also having to face its own difficulties, because a large cheat provider is now taking legal action against Bungie: