Mythic is a new MMORPG on Steam that relies on roguelike elements and lets you explore infinite labyrinths in pixel graphics. You can play it in Early Access from September 29, 2022.
Developers of the MMORPG are Abyssal Studios LLC, a studio that consists of only 2 people. They promise a unique marriage between MMORPG and roguelite. They want to take their favorite elements from both genres and combine them.
Explore infinite labyrinths and improve your character
What kind of game is this? In Mythic you are together with hundreds of other players in dungeons. These are procedurally generated elements that extend indefinitely and offer you different biomes: water, air, earth, fire and order.
According to the different biomes, you have 5 different skill trees that you can level up to improve your character.
Here you go Mythic Steam page.
Mythic offers this content:
- New puzzles, bosses and treasures in every room. In Tibia, players solved a puzzle only after 5 years.
- 70 different items to find. They have different levels and some are rarer than others.
- Crafting allows you to further customize your items.
- Explore the maze alone or in a group
- Whoever discovers new parts of the world first receives a reward.
- Mini-games where you earn points to get gear.
- Retro graphics with pixel art
However, if you die, you don’t lose all items, as is the case with many roguelikes. The developers promise you many deaths, but no permadeath. If you have completed a biome and unlocked skills, you can still use them even if you die.
However, if you die inside a biome, you’ll come back to the start and lose what you just earned.
Mythic is for you if you…
- Are fans of roguelikes
- Don’t be put off by the pixel graphics
- Would like to experience a roguelike with many other players
- Don’t get too frustrated if you frequently die in a biome and have to start over
What do you think of Mythic? Have you been wanting a mix of roguelike and MMORPG for a long time and are now looking forward to playing it next week? Or is the retro graphics more of a deterrent aspect of the game? Do you like puzzles and mazes? Write it to us in the comments here on MeinMMO!
Mortal Online 2 does what you want your MMORPG to do – brings an engine upgrade for nicer graphics