In Destiny 2, after today’s weekly reset, players can jump into the harder difficulty of the King’s Fall Raid. Not only do you get new exotic rewards here, but also double the loot for the encounter in which the challenge is active. MeinMMO also tells you what else is happening.
This is happening this week: Destiny 2 is all about endgame this week. For any Guardian who loves a challenge, the endgame content starts first in the Kingfall Raid. So, starting tonight, you can start the raid on Grandmaster difficulty.
In the endgame content of the Vanguard Dawn, on the other hand, you get down to business with an old acquaintance, because a tricky fight awaits you with him in his “Arcus Arena”.
PvP players who prefer to make the “Trials of Osiris” unsafe can then look forward to a bonus at the weekend. Because the 14th saint gives you a plus on your reputation ranks and that in freelance.
So that you don’t lose track of things, we’ve summarized all of this week’s activities for you below.
The most important information about activities from 20.09 to 27.09.
Vanguard: Dawn – The Crucible
The Twilight: The Crucible is the Strike:
- exodus crash, on Nessus
- The Fallen have pursued the Vanguard to Nessus, damaging the Exodus Black and Failsafe, her AI. That’s why Zavala sends you on “Operation Piccolo” so that you eliminate Thaviks, the fallen Marauder from the House of Dawn. However, he doesn’t make it easy for you, because in his small arena it’s sizzling in front of Arkus and he doesn’t show any mercy.
This week’s Dusk Weapon: As a reward for your run, you always get a special twilight weapon. In Season 18, Bungie has good old-school options to offer.
- As soon as the api has been updated, you will find out here which weapon it is this week.
You will be able to earn the master version (Adept) of the twilight weapons from October 4th. Because then the hardest PvE difficulty in Destiny 2 starts called “front runner”.
Playlist strikes have the following modifiers this week:
- Void Scorch
- Stasis Burn
- The Singe modifier stays with you throughout the week, the others change daily.
Endgame: Raid challenges and dungeon rotation
This happens in the Raid “Königfall”:
With the weekly reset, the challenge mode for “Königsfall” starts for the first time. From today, September 20, 2022, Oryx and “his family team” will be harder to lay for all guardians due to the grandmaster level of difficulty. If you want, you can also complete the challenges.
- In Normal mode, completing a challenge earns you double the loot.
- The requirement of each encounter for grandmasters is power level 1600.
- You only get status-specific armor and master weapons from the grandmaster raid.
- And you can also earn the new Oryx-themed raid-exclusive Exotics.
You get additional top rewards from the endgame:
- In the Witch Queen raid “Oath of the Apprentice” in Savathun’s throne world.
- As well as in the dungeon “The Shattered Throne”.
With Season 18, more activities have come to Destiny 2 that turn the Guardians into pirates with their own crew and puzzle them over cryptic quatrains.
- Ketch Crash: Engage in ship-to-ship combat to stop Eramis and her band of pirates from wreaking havoc across the galaxy in this new 6-player activity.
- Expedition: Compile treasure maps, search for treasure and return to your ship while fending off enemy pirate crews.
- Pirate Hideouts: Fight your way through weekly missions and loot powerful relics hidden in the pirate lords’ lairs.
In addition, the content of the current DLC “The Witch Queen” is still active and can be played. For example in the weekly repeatable campaign mission.
Savathun’s Throne World – Weekly campaign mission
- “The arrival”
- This week you can play the first campaign mission on Grandmaster difficulty. You infiltrate a Cabal base on Mars, then daringly investigate Savathun’s ship for any sign of the Light.
Crucible – These are the PvP playlists:
- private match
- Glory Survival
- Glory Survival: Freelance
- show down
- Team Scorched
- Trials of Osiris with Freelance (Starting September 23)
Here’s a bonus for you this week:
- Trials of Osiris brings a plus for all players this week in the PvP endgame. There you will get a bonus to your reputation rank with the 14th Saint from September 23rd to 27th. And you can also pick it up in freelance mode, i.e. with active player search.
Ascendant Challenge – Dreaming City
- Petra Venj has the 2nd Ascendant Challenge for you this week. You can find Petra and her quest offering at The Shore location in the Dreaming City. Again, Savathun has a hand in this, as the curse starts to take over the holy city of the awakened again at level 1.
Sources of pinnacle loot in Destiny 2 Season 18
This is the new max level: In the new season of raiders, the maximum power level of your gear is 1,580. This means that the power level at the start of the new Season 18 has increased by +10 compared to the previous Season 17. All players receive the base base power level of 1,350.
How to get free loot: For all new and old Guardians who would like to play in the future or after a break, Bungie has prepared “The Gift of the Thunder Gods” in Season 18.
You can claim this Loot Chest for free in the HELM after completing the New Light campaign. It takes you to a power level of up to 1540 or more – with arc armor and weapons, as well as two exotic and ten legendary items. You can also pick up the rewards once for all your characters.
This top loot brings your power level up to 1,580:
- Top Legacy Raid “King’s Fall” (+2)
- Top Dungeon “Duality” (+2)
- Raid rotation this week: Vault of Glass (+2)
- Legacy Dungeon Rotation “Drawn of Greed” (+2)
- Accomplished in the Dawn: Trial by Fire with at least 100,000 points (+2)
- Weekly Witch Queen campaign mission with at least 100,000 points (+2)
- “The Wellspring” on Grandmaster (+2) difficulty
- Seasonal activity “Ketsch Crash” on Grandmaster (+2) difficulty
- Complete the Conservation activity in the Darkness Raid Pyramid (+2)
- “Tests of Courage of Eternity”: Score at least 250,000 points or more (+2)
- Defeat Mighty Cabal in the exotic mission “Vox Obscura” (+2)
- Seasonal activity “The Astral Seas” on Grandmaster (+1) difficulty
- Complete 3 Gambit matches (+1)
- Complete 3 Crucible matches (+1)
- Complete 3 Vanguard Operation strikes with appropriate focus (+1)
- Hawthorne’s Clan Quest: Earn 5000 XP (+1)
- Trials of Osiris/ Start September 23 (+2)
Bright Dust Highlights in Eververse
This week you can claim a glowing warm spirit shell in Eververse. The “hearth fire” will then heat up your spirit for 2580 bright dust.
If that doesn’t appeal to you, you can of course spend your luster dust, the in-game currency you can earn, on other things.
Maybe one of these offers appeals to you:
- Menace From Below Exotic Weapon Ornament for the Telesto Exo Fusion Rifle
- Binary System Exotic Weapon Ornament for the Symmetry Scout Rifle
- Canopus Wings Exotic Ship
- Exotic Sparrow “August Courser”
- Feast of the Senses Exotic Emote
- Legendary Lookout Emote
- Legendary Ghostproction Overflowing Treasure projection
- Abyssinian Gold Shader
- As well as these exotic armor ornaments for each class:
- Thor-Lord Hunter Ornament for Wyvern Crown Exotic Headguard
- Warlock Ornament “Fènghuáng” for the Ecotic Chest Armor “Phoenix Protocol”
- Titanium Ornament “Shock Grenadier” for the exotic breastplate “Healing Armor”
Too little shine dust? So many great items, but already running out of Bright Dust? Then check out our tips on how to improve your Bright Dust budget.
Destiny 2: This is how you can quickly get shiny dust in 2022 – because if you don’t want to spend real money, you have to farm
What are your thoughts on the rewards in the Grandmaster Kingsfall Raid? Have you already chosen a very specific one for you that you would like to earn? If so, please tell the readers of MeinMMO in the comments which one and why.